Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Quick Tips On Being Healthy
Diet and Exercise. Many if not all can quote this but hardly anyone knows how to do it and stick to it. Going outside of what your likes almost always insures failure (crash diets, nasty diet foods, diet diets, exercise with little to no results, boring routine, etc.) LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING!!! You don't have to do that to be healthy. I dropped at least 30 pounds by doing this...
- Cardio. Running, biking, or elliptical for 5 times a week for about twenty or so minutes. This serves as an excellent warm up. It burns calories and opens up your breathing for the upcoming workout. *If you don't like running, walk briskly.* Also, jumping rope for 5 minutes is equivalent to running for 20 minutes...
- Weights. Isolate muscle groups and focus on form not weight. Repetitions and proper form outweigh straining yourself with heavy weights. Also, do it with little rest periods to keep the cardio aspect of it.
- Once You Are Seeing Results or Getting Bored... Switch up your workouts. Keep it interesting.
- Activities. Bike riding, running around paths, walking the city shopping, playing basketball, football, are all great ways to keep in shape. When you actually enjoy what you are doing, you don't realize that you are working out. You are just having fun and look forward to doing it.
- Water. Drink it, Love It. If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Drink before, during, and after the workout. Drink during the day as well
- Adjust Your Diet. Replace processed foods with more organic alternatives. Whole Wheat Everything(my rice and pasta lovers)!!!! Eat plenty of dark leafy veggies, chicken breast, turkey breasts, some lean red meat every now and again, and FISH! Fish such as Atlantic Sockeye Salmon are rich in Protein and Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
- Protein. Your body can only absorb about 20 grams of protein at a time so make sure you eat enough of it after your workout and through the day. One Can of Tuna Fish posses your necessary need for protein serving. Drink milk as well. Great source of protein and calcium. Stay away from Soy Milk. It is full of sugars and it carries plant ESTROGEN! It causes thyroid problems within females as an example.
-Alcohol... Just don't do it. If it is not a glass of wine per day, you are not doing your body any favors. Don't believe me??? Look down at your gut tubby.
- SEX!!!! Did you know that sex burns a ton of calories??? Have lots of sex!!!! It is good for your heart and not to mention the high you get afterwards!!!! *Please do so with your husband/wife or significant other* This is not the time for you to get sick because you are having sex with the wrong people. You are getting in shape and we don't want you getting too skinny and/or dying over being healthy. That would defeat the purpose, no?
- Enroll in Zumba, Kickboxing, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do etc... Since you are already getting in shape, this will help you stay active while while meeting people. Each of these activities burn 1,000 calories per hour and satisfy the necessity for cardio.
Well, I hope that these tips help. If you require more, please do not hesitate to ask. God Bless and Much Success.