Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I have long known that the racism and prejudice towards hispanics is at an all time high. We are accepted whenever it is convinient for them. For making money, getting people voted in, and cheap labor to name a few. As a people, we are looked upon as a joke. To be used and discarded whenever the job has been done. Looking at this comic strip that came out here disgusts me. It confirms what I have written in the above lines. It is proof as to why you could do anything to the Hispanic in North America and get away with it. Do you think that they could have done that with the Asians, Africans, African Americans, or Muslims???? Of course not. They have pride in themselves and demand respect. I don't think violence is the answer but why do you think people think twice at depicting Mohammed in anything? They know that if you go to far, there will be someone ready to straighten you out.
We will not have that in our communities because we lack direction. We lack leaders that are worth anything. The ones who are able to or in a position to lead are content in the fame and the money that goes along with it and not the betterment of our people. There seems to be way too much division within hispanics. This country does not like that country. Even worse, people of the same country do not like the indeginious people because they feel they are beneath them. Regardless of what you think, we are all the same. We have a very beautiful, powerful, rich culture and we are slowly forgetting it for this countrie's modern day trappings. I am sorry but my soul is too valuable to sell out for a few possesions. There is a line from Drake that says it best, "transitioning from fitting in to standing out". This line hits home because we should respect their culture but we should not dilute our own.
What is surprising is the feedback that this comic strip got from so called latinos. Some did not find offense to it (which is fine), others found it funny (dude, they are laughing at us, not with us). Regardless of you dressing like them, acting like them, or even trying to be like them, YOU WILL NEVER BE THEM. You come from a distinct rich history. We have our own language, art, culture, food, mentality, WORK ETHIC. Be proud of this and add on but do not take away from it. Do not be ashamed of who you are, be ashamed that something like this can be printed and we are not doing a thing about it. Please learn to take yourself and what you represent seriously. We have seen what happens when we don't. Look no further than Arizona...
Diet and Exercise. Many if not all can quote this but hardly anyone knows how to do it and stick to it. Going outside of what your likes almost always insures failure (crash diets, nasty diet foods, diet diets, exercise with little to no results, boring routine, etc.) LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING!!! You don't have to do that to be healthy. I dropped at least 30 pounds by doing this...
- Cardio. Running, biking, or elliptical for 5 times a week for about twenty or so minutes. This serves as an excellent warm up. It burns calories and opens up your breathing for the upcoming workout. *If you don't like running, walk briskly.* Also, jumping rope for 5 minutes is equivalent to running for 20 minutes...
- Weights. Isolate muscle groups and focus on form not weight. Repetitions and proper form outweigh straining yourself with heavy weights. Also, do it with little rest periods to keep the cardio aspect of it.
- Once You Are Seeing Results or Getting Bored... Switch up your workouts. Keep it interesting.
- Activities. Bike riding, running around paths, walking the city shopping, playing basketball, football, are all great ways to keep in shape. When you actually enjoy what you are doing, you don't realize that you are working out. You are just having fun and look forward to doing it.
- Water. Drink it, Love It. If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Drink before, during, and after the workout. Drink during the day as well
- Adjust Your Diet. Replace processed foods with more organic alternatives. Whole Wheat Everything(my rice and pasta lovers)!!!! Eat plenty of dark leafy veggies, chicken breast, turkey breasts, some lean red meat every now and again, and FISH! Fish such as Atlantic Sockeye Salmon are rich in Protein and Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
- Protein. Your body can only absorb about 20 grams of protein at a time so make sure you eat enough of it after your workout and through the day. One Can of Tuna Fish posses your necessary need for protein serving. Drink milk as well. Great source of protein and calcium. Stay away from Soy Milk. It is full of sugars and it carries plant ESTROGEN! It causes thyroid problems within females as an example.
-Alcohol... Just don't do it. If it is not a glass of wine per day, you are not doing your body any favors. Don't believe me??? Look down at your gut tubby.
- SEX!!!! Did you know that sex burns a ton of calories??? Have lots of sex!!!! It is good for your heart and not to mention the high you get afterwards!!!! *Please do so with your husband/wife or significant other* This is not the time for you to get sick because you are having sex with the wrong people. You are getting in shape and we don't want you getting too skinny and/or dying over being healthy. That would defeat the purpose, no?
- Enroll in Zumba, Kickboxing, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do etc... Since you are already getting in shape, this will help you stay active while while meeting people. Each of these activities burn 1,000 calories per hour and satisfy the necessity for cardio.
Well, I hope that these tips help. If you require more, please do not hesitate to ask. God Bless and Much Success.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Tomorrow I have an important interview for what could be a lucrative position with a Fortune 500 Company (If I choose to accept this position, it means lots of $$$ and I can actually help clients for the better). Since I have been working since 14, I have picked up a few things about properly interviewing for the position.It also helps that in all my management positions, I have interviewed extensively for my team as well as others. I have compiled a list of a few tips that will help you obtain the career you are pursuing.
*Preparation is Key - Learn about what position you are applying for before hand. Googling the position and the company and discussing how the company differs from others shows you have done your homework. Also, use the way the company sets themselves apart from the competition (company missions, motto's, direction) as a way on how you do business and how you share the same ideals in business.
*Know Approximately How Much It Pays - This also goes along with the doing the homework part of the list. You should more or less know what kind of compensation you should be getting so you can have a realistic expectation. You would not want to waste their time nor have your time wasted. To gain that information, use sites such as http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm. They are accurate and also include employees feedback
*Dress for Success - For men, suit and tie. For woman, business formal. Nothing too revealing or form fitting, just right. For both men and women, wear dark and conservative colors to the meeting. Make sure shoes are polished and that everything is lint and wrinkle free. This step is also important to insure if you own pets. Take it easy on the colognes/perfumes and make up for the ladies. All things in moderation should be the motto. An inside tip is to wear glasses if you own any. This little accessory goes a long way.
*CONFIDENCE! - Not arrogance but CONFIDENCE! EYE CONTACT, STRONG FIRM HANDSHAKE, SMILE, STRONG CLEAR VOICE. BE YOURSELF!!!
*Humor - This is only for those that actually have a personality. If you interject a bit of yourself and add some humor, it cuts the tension. It puts them in the " I like this person and I can see myself working as a team with them". Very valuable component.
*You Are Interviewing Them Just As They Are Interviewing You - Ask them questions just as they are asking you. Ask about benefits, paid time off, information on ADVANCEMENT "Career Pathing" (employers love to hire people who want to make a career and advance in their profession. Clear sign of a producer.) Also ask about job expectations, training, continuous training (there is a difference, it helps you do your job better), tuition reimbursement, and team questions as well.
*Have Responses Ready - Why are you leaving your current job? Why did you leave that job? What did you like most or least about this place and that. Have your responses ready and keep them positive. Room for growth and changing to an industry is always a good response. Also if you were referred to that job because of one of your clients was impressed by your talent is a slam dunk.
*Structured Interviews - More companies are going to what is referred to the S.T.A.R. Method of Interviewing. Situation Task Action Result. They want you tell them about a time that this and that happened what did you do about it and what was the result. It always goes to tell me a time you were successful at something, something did not go according to plan, team building, or you did not see eye to eye with a co-worker. This is how employers weed through the imaginary I would do this on a certain situation to this is what I did and this is what came out of it. Basically they want specifics and not philosophies so please practice this. It will be your key
*Bring Goodies!!!!:)- A proof book of sorts containing recorded accomplishments, trainings, certificates, and past work is best. This proves in writing that you have done what you have done.
*Once the Interview is Done, Act As If... - you had a great interview and they will offer you the job. Ask, "If everything goes well, what is the next step?". This is a powerful and seldom closing technique. It puts them on the spot to where they offer to send a background check if they have not done so and it allows both you and them to set up a follow up interview.
*Revise Your Offer Letter - Since more than likely you are getting the job because you have followed all these tips, please revise the offer letter to confirm start dates and negotiate anything that needs to be negotiated.
*BE HONEST!!!!!!! - By far the most important. When you are preparing yourself, presenting yourself, and selling yourself, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! You need to be completely honest and transparent. Just present it in the right fashion
God Bless and Much Success!
Always a guarentee to amuse. I have seen them recreating (you see what I did there?) popular movies. Not a bad way to go about it. I still think that Ghost and Rae refrence of them pumping on the block and not being down with the team is hilarious. See Can It Be All So Simple 2 off the Original Cuban Links Album.